Thursday, August 28, 2008

A Day in the Life of our Cul de Sac


For those of you who find your life just a little too quiet and peaceful, shed a tear or two for us, please. Just thought I'd record this little piece of our life so we can look back on it and laugh (someday). Here's a view of our front lawn, and then beyond....it's the beyond that's laughable. Yes, this is a typical day around here. In this photo are 3 pickup trucks, 2 cars, one semi-trailer with a bed full of gravel, one front loader (in action) AND a pop-top van "Marcy's Tacos", our local version of a roach coach. Note: NONE of these vehicles belongs to anyone who lives here, they are just part of the daily construction parade. Just after I snapped this photo the garbage truck arrived to pick up trash -- don't know how he was able to steer around the diesel derby!

5 comments:

sydNEEgeorge said...

blogs of people you like huh? i think i should be on there then! ;) I need you guys' address, I LOVE the picture you sent darin and I, but my mom has been at the beach all summer and i havent been able to get any thank yous' out without her address book! hope ya'll are doin well! i miss havin ya'll next door!

love syd

Scott said...

How's dad going to get christmas lights in the trees in the front yard? They look a little bigger than your last house.

Sarah, Nick and Seth said...

Don't tell nick about Marcy's tacos or else when we come and visit he'll track them down and want to try them out! He's a little too in touch with his "beaner" roots sometime! :)

Tanaya and Tim said...

I'm glad that you updated your blog. I'm sorry I haven't finished making it cute, but if you would like me to keep working on it, just let me know and we'll figure something out.

Pete said...

Hey Diane, I was just on the mainland a few weeks ago with my two girls. It was good to see so many friends, but I really missed seeing you folks. Maybe when we go to visit Alison's grandmother in TX we can look y'all up.

Pete Bishop