
Aaah, yes, this is "us" floating along the Guadalupe River -- a popular activity in the summer around here is TOOBING (they don't spell it TUBING). Rod and I, Tim & Tanaya did a 4-hour float -- sometimes the river was lazy, sometimes we got a little whitewater thrill, but all in all it was fun (except for some sunburns afterward).

Among the culinary delights we enjoyed during their visit, we took them to RUDY'S, a true Texas experience. Good barbecue (yes, Aubrey, this is barbecue in the true Southern style), very casual atmosphere and presentation -- let's just say they don't have plates, not paper, not plastic, not any plates at all.

Tanaya, Tim and I explored the historic King William District one day (Rod had to work) -- we did a walking tour of some of the old homes, and also toured the inside of this 3-story mansion and museum, the Steves Homestead (or as Tim liked to call it "Steve's Place") -- it was built in 1846 by Edward Steves, who became a big lumber magnate around here way back when. The mansion, and most of the homes we saw, are right on the San Antonio River, very picturesque (fancy language, huh?)

Well, I didn't find any great photos for this, just this festive graphic, but this represents our adventure to Market Square, which is a little like "Little Mexico", with El Mercado (lots of interesting stores) and restaurants (we ate at Mi Tierra). Often there are mariachi bands or mexican musicians performing at Market Square, but we missed them this visit.
Well, we did a bunch of other fun things while Tim & Tanaya were visiting, but most of all we just enjoyed being at home, chatting, cooking meals, watching movies, etc. And Tim gave our pool table lots of attention!
2 comments:
Can I go to Rudy's next time I hang out with you?
This is a way better review of our visit that I posted. I didn't take too many pictures either, but I like the commercial ones.
Post a Comment