Thursday, August 28, 2008

A Capitol Fourth



Fourth of July in Washington DC -- another of my personal "Bucket List" items, so I was pretty excited! Here's some of the Larsen clan on Independance Day, standing in front of the National Archives. I need to note that the females in the group (myself included, although I'm not in the photo) wore the appropriate red/white/blue attire for the day -- the men in the group scored lower for their non USA clothing.



Among the activities of the day, we were part of the live audience for PBS' annual production "A Capital Fourth" -- it was really quite awesome to be on the lawn of the capitol, along with a slew of other flag waving proud Americans. If you didn't catch us on TV this year, they will replay it next year, just before the live performance for 2009 (I'm sure you are all marking your calendars now).


But I think the BEST part of the day was watching fireworks (which I love) bursting in the night sky over the Washington Monument in our nation's capital city. All of my American Pride just overflowed all over the place!!

No comments: