Friday, March 2, 2012

On the Eastern Shores

We took a fun day trip to the "Eastern Shores" -- basically it's the eastern side of the Chesapeake Bay, in Maryland. 
 We poked around in a couple of historic and quaint towns of Talbot County -- mostly we were in Easton and St. Michaels.   Some "sites" were closed due to the season, but there were fun shops and we had a great mid-day meal at a small eatery in St. Michaels -- gotta love the Maryland crab -- it was wonderful!

The county courthouse in Easton-- originally built in 1700's.

This is a hand painted dish we saw in a shop in St. Michaels and I just loved -- but didn't buy.   Maybe someday I can get one of my more talented close associates to make a similar one for me!
Not exactly a sandy beach for swimming, but it was nice to hear and see the water.   It was very windy, and way too cold to get in the water anyway!

Here's the day trippers....and...

 Of course we found a lighthouse!  Thank you Rod for a wonderful day!

1 comment:

Aubrey said...

I would love to make you a dish like that! I'll start practicing drawing crabs, because I think that's the only hard part about it :)