skip to main | skip to sidebar

=== A TALE OF TWO CITIES ===

Sunday, September 18, 2011

It's only been a year since.....

Twice during the past week I've had reason to peruse through my photos from our trip to Germany and London which was just about exactly one year ago -- and it reminded me that I never really finished the blog posts I had intended to do about those European destinations -- so I'm going to try to do a couple small blog posts, just to make myself feel like I didn't leave everything undone.   This post is dedicated to some beautiful flowers that just took my breath away in Germany --different places in the world are known for special flowers that grow especially well there, like in Hawaii they have the beautiful hibiscus and plumeria.   In this part of Germany they have DAHLIAS (pronounced DAL-YAS).   Here's just a few of the beauties that I saw around Koln - I think they are beautiful!
.




I just wish these beauties could be grown in South Texas - sigh.   Well, maybe I can print the photos out and frame them to bring a little of their beauty here.   My sweetie is in Koln right at this very moment -- enjoy the view for me, okay?
Posted by Rod and Diane Larsen at 1:54 PM

1 comment:

Scott said...

Will they grow in North Georgia? The climate shouldn't be that different from Germany.

September 19, 2011 at 8:49 AM

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

About Me

Rod and Diane Larsen
Are we here? Are we there? Find us, find us If you dare!
View my complete profile

Identity Crisis

Identity Crisis

Blogs of People We Like

  • Aubrey Bobrey
  • Beatty Bunch
  • Bluegrass Carltons
  • Chris, Carrie & Chloe
  • Clay, Natalie and Kids
  • DeAnne and Scott
  • Joy and Jeff
  • Sydney Susannah
  • Tennessee Carltons
  • The Denzer Family
  • Tim and Tanaya

Blog Archive

  • ►  2013 (2)
    • ►  August (1)
    • ►  January (1)
  • ►  2012 (13)
    • ►  November (1)
    • ►  October (1)
    • ►  April (3)
    • ►  March (3)
    • ►  February (4)
    • ►  January (1)
  • ▼  2011 (10)
    • ►  December (1)
    • ►  November (1)
    • ►  October (2)
    • ▼  September (2)
      • REUNION REVISITED
      • It's only been a year since.....
    • ►  August (1)
    • ►  July (3)
  • ►  2010 (12)
    • ►  December (1)
    • ►  October (4)
    • ►  May (2)
    • ►  April (2)
    • ►  March (1)
    • ►  February (1)
    • ►  January (1)
  • ►  2009 (8)
    • ►  December (2)
    • ►  November (1)
    • ►  October (2)
    • ►  February (1)
    • ►  January (2)
  • ►  2008 (28)
    • ►  December (4)
    • ►  November (2)
    • ►  October (2)
    • ►  September (1)
    • ►  August (3)
    • ►  July (1)
    • ►  June (5)
    • ►  May (4)
    • ►  April (3)
    • ►  March (3)