Since Aubrey is here for a few days, we played touristas this weekend, taking in some of the sights and sounds (and in some cases, smells, too) around San Antone.
We cheered the "home team" at a Round Rock Express Triple A (I think) baseball game (yes, "we" won, 10-2) -- one of the things on Aubrey's wish list. The photo I'm including of the ball park's snow cone extravaganza is dedicated to Scott!
Ever heard of a nilgai, barashinga, or gemsbok? How about an Aoudad? I know you more savvy people out there probably have firsthand knowledge of each of these animal species, but they were new to me -- we saw these and more (!!) at Wildlife Safari near where we live -- lots of interesting animals, but of course my camera batteries went on the blink while we were there (my family will laugh, my camera is always "malfunctioning", but I think there's a lot of operator error involved).
Friday afternoon and evening we were on the Riverwalk, ending the evening by attending "La Fiesta del Noche" -- a live music and dance performance at an outdoor stage on the river called Arneson Theatre (some of you movie buffs might recognize this scenery from "Miss Congeniality") -- Fiesta del Noche has been performed every summer since 1957, on Friday and Saturday evenings when the sun goes down. It is a benefit for children's charities, so it was for a good cause, too. I loved the colorful costumes of the dancers, but my favorite parts of the performance were the musicians -- a famous Flamenco guitarist (his fingers were flying!) and the mariachi band.
1 comment:
How fun! I really want to go to that wildlife place. I've been telling NIck that when we come out there for Christmas i want to go there and to Sea World ... Hopefully Aubrey will join us to go say hello to our friend Shamu!
Post a Comment