Monday, May 19, 2008

Jellystone Park

















After attending Tim & Aubrey's graduations from BYU, we headed off for a few days adventure in Yellowstone National Park. We were sad that Aubrey couldn't join us, but she was SWAMPED with getting moved out of Provo and packed up for Israel. Rod was all set for a real adventure in his cool hat -- he garnered the nickname "Indiana Dad".






So, we saw lots of great wildlife (and I'm not just referring to Scott & Tim) -- we looked and looked but never saw a moose-- but we did see TONS of bison, including newborn calves that were only a few days old and still trying to get their balance on wobbly legs -- we also saw a couple of grizzly bears (from a distance, and we kept that distance!!), a black bear, coyotes, squirrels and chipmunks, trumpet swans, lots of water fowl, TONS of elk, and others that I can't remember right now -- but we never spotted Yogi Bear -- probably he was pick-nicking somewhere in the park though. I'm thinking of using my photo of the bison in the mist to apply for a job with National Geographic magazine -- think I've got a chance?















Here are a few more moments captured in Yellowstone -- they show our family members' personalities quite well. It was still snowy in Yellowstone, but during the day the temperatures were pretty mild, and we were able to see a lot of the park. Old Faithful was great, and the waterfalls were spectacular with the cold air really showing off their misty sprays.






Well, I guess this should be 'the end' of the entry on our trip to Yellowstone!

No comments: