Sunday, October 10, 2010

Schokoladenmuseum

Quick lesson in German - schokoladen is good, very good. And it can't be anything BUT good to have a museum dedicated to schokoladen. So this is "Diney and Chocolate Factory" in Cologne, Germany:
The real fun part of the museum is the GIFT SHOP -- I was absolutely overwhelmed -- kind of chocolate OVERLOAD where you feel like you can't think straight looking at it all. A few highlights--They had an enormous glass cooling case filled with hand-crafted chocolate goodies of every imaginable kind

This was cool - a real, working chocolate waterfall -- I think I know JUST the SPOT where this would go great in our house.....a definite souvenir contender.The walls were lined with shelves and shelves and shelves of chocolate this and chocolate that

Some of the chocolate THIS and THAT was rather unique -- first, may I suggest a chocolate bar with Pop Rocks incorporated into it?

Or would you like to be the first person you know with: Chocolate Beer and Chocolate Pasta?I hear they go great together
Maybe a bottle of Chocolate Liquor?My final offering in the Chocolate This 'n That category.....well, you draw your own conclusions on this one:

4 comments:

Sarah said...

These chocolates are cracking me up! The picture on the pop rocks cnady kind of looks like Dr. Phil! And I don't even know what to say except "LOL" for the Hemp chocolate! Too funny!

Tim Larsen said...

So did you go to a gift shop with a museum attached to it or a museum with a gift shop? I think I would have gone straight to the gift shop.

Also Mom, in Lawrence you wouldn't be able to have the chocolate beer, liquor, or the last one because chocolate is against the word of wisdom.

Tanaya and Tim said...

I can totally see that last one in Boulder. Yum! All of that chocolate makes me hungry! We enjoyed the samples.

Aubrey said...

I love pop rocks chocolate!