Sunday, December 6, 2009

THINKING OF THANK-S-GIVING

Spent a couple of weeks with my favorite people recently -- we celebrated Rod's birthday (they just keep coming!), had a baby shower for DeAnne (she didn't get much, but the baby did!), and feasted on Thanksgiving with the best of them. Here's a few visual documentations:


Among his other wonderful gifts, Rod got a new waffle iron for his birthday (can you ever have TOO MANY waffle irons???) -- it makes a set of small Disney Dunkers -- just the right size to dunk in a pool of syrup -- no utensils required, just lots of napkins.

The Baby shower was nice -- it was hosted by the Norton ladies, and they made it really nice. The brunch was delicious, and Little Lady Larsen received lots of nice gifts -- good thing DeAnne has a Jeep with lots of cargo room!

Here's a genuine DeAnne smile (maybe the baby was laughing, too?!?):

Tanaya and Aubrey kept everyone entertained with some fun games -- we laughed a lot!

Aubrey made adorable baby themed cookies which were wrapped up as take home favors for all the guests.
During the shower, the Larsen men bonded with college football and chicken wings -- well, actually they bonded with each other while watching football and eating wings!

Thanksgiving morning found Team Larsen (minus DeAnne, for obvious reasons!) participating in the Turkey Trot 5K race along the Potomac River in Washington DC. Tanaya got us all involved in this very good cause. I just came for the shirt (not true!). Rod was on the team, too - he beat me "by a nose":

The REAL turkeys, oops, runners on our Team:

I guess I didn't get photos of the big Feast on Thanksgiving, but here's the Pies of Perfection made by Tanaya and DeAnne -- and they tasted wonderful, too!

I had such a great time I think I will visit everyone again -- in a week!

1 comment:

Tanaya and Tim said...

Wow! We're excited you are updating your blog more! I know it's the wrong post, but the advent calender is pretty cool!