Monday, October 19, 2009

Can you Cro-Quet?

Croquet trivia that might be useful if you are ever on a game show:

  • Croquet was an official event of the 1900 Summer Olympic Games.
  • It's early name was Pall Mall - people my age still think of that as a brand of cigarettes
  • In competitive croquet (isn't it always?), men and women compete and are ranked together -- that works for me
  • Harvard University has a croquet club (who knew?)

Well, we had our own Pall Mall game going between sessions of General Conference -- our tournament was held on the lawn at Tim & Tanaya's place -- and yes, men and women did compete and were ranked together for our official play.

Our game "master" -- and the equipment owner -- very important person.


Demonstrating the proper form for a croquet stroke.

I really don't remember who won, having left the game early while I was still struggling at nearly last place -- but a good time was had by all. Harvard here we come...

1 comment:

DeAnne said...

So I guess I find croquet hillarious! I have no idea what I was laughing about in that photo!