Thursday, August 15, 2013

Monticello (not the one in Utah)

 A couple weekends ago, Rod & I took a day trip to visit "Monticello", the home of Thomas Jefferson (he was referred to as "TJ" a few times on the tour) in Charlottesville, VA.   We never figured out who Charlottesville is named for, but we had a really nice time visiting the house and the gardens.


Here we are (I'm the one on the left, wink, wink)

The photo below turned out pretty good -- if I were really good at this stuff I'm sure I could get rid of the people near the steps (I'm sure they are really nice, though)

Here is Rod with his authentic Monticello Root Beer (I had one, too), wearing his souvenir Monticello hat (those of you who know about Rod's "souvenir" hats will get a chuckle from that).

The weather was great, and we had a really nice time!

No comments: