Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Dee-licious

Apple Cider Caramels anyone?   I can't believe I just stayed up until 12:30 a.m. working on this project and now I feel compelled to BLOG ABOUT IT???  But it turned out great, so I thought I'd share in case anyone out there wants an inexpensive but unique homemade gift idea.   Mine are going out Visiting Teaching with me tomorrow.   And the reason I'm up so late is because I just got started late - they took about 2 hours total.  Here's the great recipe, courtesy of those wonderful ladies at "Our Best Bites": (I made 2 batches, and got about 128 caramels)
http://www.ourbestbites.com/2010/11/apple-cider-caramels/

I wrapped them in waxed paper, twisty-end style, and put them in these cute Christmas treat boxes I got at the Dollar Tree -- 4 boxes for just a buck, what a deal.    I added a little insert so people would know what's inside those little waxed paper twisties. 


 The boxes got a little adornment, also courtesy of The Dollar Tree.
 
And they taste WONDERFUL - yes, I sneaked a taste.

2 comments:

DeAnne said...

Worth staying up late to do - I bet your gals will love them!

Aubrey said...

I want to eat some! And the end product is super cute, I bet they were a hit!